Dubai welcomes Great Britain Gymnastics for Olympics 2021 Preparations
Dubai welcomes Team Great Britain Gymnastics for Olympics 2021 preparations
UAE’s largest gymnastics facility, Fly High Fitness, plays host to some of sport’s top names
Dubai, UAE – 07 January 2021:
The UAE’s largest gymnastics facility will be hosting Team GB Gymnastics for their pre-Olympics training camp this month, bringing some of the world’s top athletes to Dubai.
With lockdowns rolling out across Europe and a pandemic still in full flow, National and Olympic teams are looking for a place that is safe to train in the lead-up to the summer Games.
Fly High Fitness offers gymnasts a 30,000 sq ft facility with two full gymnastics floors and Olympic grade gymnastics equipment to allow teams to train with peace of mind in a country with one of the fastest vaccination programs in the world.
“It is by far literally one of the world’s best facilities and the best location for our team to have their training camp,” said James Thomas, Performance Director, British Gymnastics. “The team really needs this break as it’s been a tough year for them all, especially with the postponement of the Games, so coming here will be a much-needed boost for them. We feel very safe bringing the teams here.”
Fly High Fitness provides an ideal space for Olympic, National and State teams to train. In addition to the world-class sports facility spread over 70,000 square feet, Fly High Fitness offers a range of strength and conditioning equipment including CrossFit, Martial Arts and TechnoGym spaces, in addition to steam, sauna and plunge pool facilities for athletes’ recovery.
Some of the team’s biggest names coming to Dubai include:
- Joe Fraser: Career Highlights: 2017 British Championships all-around champion, 2019 European Championships all-around 4th, 2019 World Championships parallel bars champion
- James Hall: Career Highlights: 2017 European Championships all-around bronze, 2018 World Championships all-around 8th, 2019 British Championships all-around champion
- Courtney Tulloch: Career Highlights: 2016 European Championships team silver, 2017 European Championships rings silver, 2018 Commonwealth Games (Team England) team gold, rings champion and vault silver
- Giarnni Regini-Moran: Career Highlights: 2014 Youth Olympics all-around, floor and vault champion, 2016 Junior European Championships all-around and floor champion, 2019 British Championships all-around silver
- Dominick Cunningham: Career Highlights: 2-time British Championships all-around silver (2017 & 2018), 2018 Commonwealth Games (Team England) team gold and vault bronze, 2018 European Championships floor champion and team silver
- Joshua Nathan: Career Highlights: 2015 British Championships under 16 floor, pommel horse and high bar champion, 2018 British Championships all-around 7th
- Jake Jarman: Career Highlights: 2018 Junior European Championships, team and vault silver, 2019 British Championships under 18 all-around champion.
- Jamie Lewis: Career Highlights: 2017 European Youth Olympic Games all-around champion, 2018 Junior European Championships floor champion, team and all-around silver, rings bronze, 2019 British Championships all-around bronze
- Adam Tobin: Career Highlights: 2018 Junior European Championships team silver, 2018 British Championships under 18 all-around champion.
The men’s team will be followed shortly after by the women’s team, with more information to follow. Fly High Fitness is excited to welcome Team GB from the 13th January 2021.
Fly High Fitness’ Head of Gymnastics, Cristian Brezeanu, a former international gymnast for Romania and South Africa, said: “The vision behind Fly High Fitness, was to provide an all-inclusive facility not just for the local athletes but for the international athletes of the highest level, to create a facility that can provide all international athletes with everything they need in one space to surpass their training needs. The arrival of Team Great Britain this week is testament to the fruition of this vision and we look forward to the arrival of many other international athletes in the future.”
For interview requests with the team and their coaches, please do not hesitate to contact us.
About Fly High Fitness.
Fly High Fitness is UAE’s newest, most exciting and vibrant concept in sport and exercise. Its central vision is based on developing an inclusive, diverse and supportive community dedicated to improving quality of life through the pursuit of optimum physical and mental fitness. The team’s mission is to build an environment gives the community the choice, expertise and encouragement to help discover their inner athlete, empowering the community to reach the height of their sporting potential, and use it for the betterment of all aspects of their lives.
Head of Marketing and Communications
058 580 8654 / Blake@flyhighfitness.org