Team Netherlands Gymnastics for Olympics 2021
Dubai welcomes Team Netherlands Gymnastics for Olympics 2021 preparations
UAE’s largest gymnastics facility, Fly High Fitness, plays host to some of sport’s top names
Dubai, UAE – 08 February 2021:
The UAE’s leading gymnastics facility, Fly High Fitness, will play host to Team Netherlands later this month, as some of the country’s top athletes prepare for the upcoming summer Olympics.
With lockdowns continuing across Europe amidst the global pandemic, Fly High Fitness offers a safe and international level destination for national teams as they ready for the world’s biggest sporting event.
Last month, Fly High Fitness welcomed British Gymnastics with some of Great Britain’s top athletes including James Hall and Dominick Cunningham in the emirate for pre-Olympics training camp.
Fly High Fitness offers gymnastics a 30,000 sq. ft. facility with two full gymnastics floors and Olympic grade gymnastics equipment to allow teams to train with peace of mind in a country with one of the fastest vaccination programs in the world.
Fly High Fitness’ Head of Gymnastics, Cristian Brezeanu, a former international gymnast for Romania and South Africa, said: “The vision behind Fly High Fitness, was to provide a facility not just for local athletes but to become a destination for international athletes of the highest level. With the strict measures in place from the Dubai Sports Council, it gives teams the reassurance that coming to Dubai is well regulated and a safe option for their athletes.” Fly High Fitness provides an ideal space for Olympic, National and State teams to train. In addition to the world-class sports facility spread over 70,000 square feet, Fly High Fitness offers a range of strength and conditioning equipment including CrossFit, Martial Arts and TechnoGym spaces, in addition to steam, sauna and plunge pool facilities for athletes’ recovery.
Some of the team’s biggest names coming to Dubai include:
1. Bart Deurloo; Career Highlights: He participated in four editions of the World Championships, and 2017 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, where he won the bronze on high bar in Montreal. and qualified for the 2016 Summer Olympics
2. Frank Rijken; Career Highlights: He participated at the 2015 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Glasgow and qualified for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
3. Casimir Schmidt; Career Highlights: He won the silver medal in the men’s vault event at the 2015 European Games in Baku. He participated at the 2013 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships and 2015 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Glasgow.
4. Bram Verhofstad; Career Highlights: He competed at the 2017 Artistic Gymnastics World Championships in October 2017 where he qualified to the floor exercise final.
5. Martijn de Veer; Career Highlights: Netherlands Gymnastics International Representative
6. Jordi Hagenaar; Career Highlights: Netherlands Gymnastics International Representative
7. Jermain Grünberg; Career Highlights: Netherlands Gymnastics International Representative
8. Hamza Hossaini; Career Highlights: Netherlands Gymnastics International Representative
“Athletes and members of the crew must do 2 weeks quarantine, maintain a negative result PCR test for the duration of that 2 weeks prior to departing for Dubai. Upon arrival they will be tested every 3 days and continue to maintain negative results during their training camp, to depart back for the Netherlands. The men’s team will commence their training Tuesday 16th February, concluding on Wednesday 24th February.
“We at Fly High Fitness, are proud to open our doors to some of the world’s top athletes, offering them one of the world’s best facilities in one of the most attractive and safest cities in the world.” said Omar Benani, General Manager, Fly High Fitness. “Fly High Fitness was created to combine community fitness, training the next generation of athlete, as well as being a sporting destination for athletes globally, which we are seeing more and more in the wake of the pandemic. With the stringent safety procedures set in place by the UAE
Government, we feel very confident to welcome the teams here.” For interview requests with the team and their coaches, please do not hesitate to contact us.
About Fly High Fitness.
Fly High Fitness is the UAE’s newest, most exciting, and vibrant concept in sport and exercise. Its central vision is based on developing an inclusive, diverse, and supportive community dedicated to improving quality of life through the pursuit of optimum physical and mental fitness. The team’s mission is to build an environment gives the community the choice, expertise and encouragement to help discover their inner athlete, empowering the community to reach the height of their sporting potential, and use it for the betterment of all aspects of their lives.